Friday, January 21, 2011

My workspace is a goldfish tank

I've had a very enjoyable day with my new toy. I'd been thinking for awhile about buying a Crop-o-dile, and this week when I knew I wanted to Coptic stitch some fabric-covered book boards but didn't want fraying near the punched holes, I decided this was the week. And it's amazing. Much easier than punching through book board with an awl or trying to line up eyelets with those tiny blue plastic chomping tools. 
I've been so focused on working today that I'm already ready for bed--I never changed out of my pajamas. I finally had to stop because of the situation pictured above--I'm paper-backing some fabric that I screen printed last week, so it will hopefully be ready to become book covers when I wake up in the morning! 

Below is an image of my new shelves and organizational system. It's difficult to stay organized with so many books completed to varying stages while working in a small space, so the containers are helping a lot--it's amazing how plastic tubs can make a person so happy! My husband put together the thinner shelves on top for me, and promptly called me a goldfish after he returned to see I had already stacked things on top of instead of inside them. Apparently I infiltrate any and all space that I am given. It's probably true--I've taken over the dining room and left him the tiny closet pantry to work in. I tried setting up a folding table for him to work on his coasters, but he prefers to share space with our canned goods and vacuum cleaner.   

No comments:

Post a Comment