Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I'm noticing my addictions today.

My two current journals. The book on the left is made up of all my random scraps of handmade paper. The cover is a collage of handmade papers and embedded cheesecloth. It's my writing-at-the-table journal. The book on the right stays in my purse and has one pal remaining in my etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/listing/49179901/petite-journal-with-handmade-paper
Today I had four cups of coffee, a latte, and multiple cravings for more. With each new cup I considered whether I was making healthy choices or not, but never came to any conclusions. Today is also the day I noticed that I have many in-progress journals. I don't see this as a problem, because it is a fact that different writing scenarios require different books. I noticed this idiosyncrasy in myself when I woke up to find that a book I left to press overnight let a glue spot leak through, preventing it from being sold, which means it's mine! Yippee! With my goal of trying to list 50 items in my shop by the end of the month, I've been sadly tucking each book away onto my shelf without any of my own writing inside. But not today! It's covered in gray jersey t-shirt material, and is screen printed with red and blue, and is very exciting. I'm already ready for it to be tomorrow when I can write in it while drinking another coffee.

My new gray journal! This means I'm up to three working journals.

No comments:

Post a Comment